Plans for future enhancement includes:
- Generation of extrinsic information transfer (EXIT) charts (AB).
- Correlated fading using Clarke/Jakes model.
- A java-based graphical user interface (GUI) for setting up simulations and plotting results.
- Space-time coding and MIMO channels.
- Simulation of hybrid-ARQ based relay networks (e.g. the HARBINGER protocol).
- Tools for designing LDPC codes.
- An generic LDPC encoder capable of encoding any LDPC code.
- Serial concatenated convolutional codes (SCCCs).
- Support for repetition in UMTS rate matching, with application to HSDPA CQI levels 1 through 3.
- Irregular repeat accumulate codes.
- Asymetric turbo codes.
- A stand-alone version that will run within the Java virtual machine.
- Turbo equalization.
Volunteer to help! If you would like to help implement one of the above projects, let us know. Student volunteers have already claimed some of the tasks listed above (initials of volunteers are indicated)